Ortho Fast Track
Ortho Fast Track is for Urgent Bone, Joint, or Muscle Injuries
At Tucson Orthopaedic Institute, we understand that many orthopedic injuries happen unexpectedly and need immediate care. We are committed to providing fast treatment and follow-up care for your broken bones or urgent orthopedic injuries.
If you experience an injury and need urgent orthopedic care, call Tucson Orthopaedic Institute and request an Ortho Fast Track appointment.
Frequently treated Ortho Fast Track injuries:
- Broken bones and dislocations
- Minor hand or foot trauma
- Torn ligaments and tendons
- Other urgent orthopaedic injuries that are not life-threatening
Certain types of injuries are not eligible for Ortho Fast Track including open wounds, auto accident injuries, and injuries more than 2 weeks old.
Long-standing conditions, non-urgent surgery candidates, and simple sprains are seen on a next available basis.
If you're not sure, just call us! We are here to help.
Ortho Fast Track Requirements:
- Physician Diagnosis or Referral – Obtain a referral from your primary care physician or urgent care doctor, if he or she recommends a follow up with an orthopaedic surgeon.
- X-Rays – X-rays are generally required for the Ortho Fast Track clinic. If you did not have X-rays for your injury, please call our office and inquire about eligibility for Ortho Fast Track.
- Insurance Information / Workers’ Comp Claim Information – Most insurance plans are accepted, including workers' compensation.
- Scheduled Appointment – Patients must have a scheduled appointment.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment – Please bring the information mentioned above: referral, X-rays, and insurance. A responsible adult should accompany minor or elderly patients.
If you’ve been hurt, don't delay! Have your primary physician write a referral and call Tucson Orthopaedic Institute to set up an Ortho Fast Track appointment. Patients can generally be seen within 24-48 hours. Clinics are held Monday-Friday during normal business hours.
Call the clinic location nearest you for more info:
- East Tucson: (520) 784-6200
- Northwest Tucson: (520) 382-8200
- Oro Valley: (520) 544-9700