MEDICAL ASSISTANT - AFTER HOURS ASSISTANT
Title: Medical Assistant – After Hours Clinic (Full Time – Hours will vary)
Reports To: After Hours Clinic Coordinator
Mission: To provide the residents of our communities the highest quality, state-of-the-art and comprehensive Orthopaedic care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs selected medical assistant and administrative duties.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment.
- Takes patient histories and vital signs, documents in EHR.
- Perform and verify medications (medication reconciliation)
- Performs suture removal.
- May remove casts, splints and braces.
- Fits patients with splints and braces.
- Prepares injections.
- Performs dressing changes
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
- Assists the physician with minor surgeries, physicals.
- Accountability to all MIPS scoring requirements
- Maintains patient files, records and other information.
- Screens telephone calls for referral to physician.
- Assists with scheduling of tests and treatments.
- Make sure MIPS measures are met for each patient
- Orders and maintains clinical and office supplies and equipment.
- Compiles and condenses technical and statistical data for reports and records.
- Obtains insurance authorizations for appropriate procedures.
- Calls in authorization for prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Return all calls to patients
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- May assist within other departments as TOI deems necessary
- Performs related work as required.
- Graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
- Certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants is preferred.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- CPR certified.
All positions with Tucson Orthopaedic Institute are to demonstrate due care in the use and communication of patients’ protected health information. It is every employee’s principal job function to ensure patient confidentiality and failure to maintain confidentiality may, and will, result in sanction and/or discharge.