SCRIBE (PER DIEM)
Job Summary: In this position the Scribe is responsible for documenting accurate and complete medical records for each patient.
- Accompanies physician into the patient examination room to document accurately the physician’s encounter with the patient and others present.
- Lists all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follows up on instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician.
- Maintains a high level of customer service with patients to make them feel comfortable and at ease.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information in order to comply with HIPPA and Practice requirements.
- Performs all other duties or assume responsibilities as directed by the supervisor, physicians or other staff to maintain the office flow and support the goals of the Practice.
Skills and Qualifications:
One year previous experience as a Medical Scribe preferred or one year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of medical terminology, recognition of physical exam process and ability to record exam details and anatomy. Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new applications, legible handwriting and ability to accurately record information. Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation. Able to multitask, prioritize work, be flexible and detail oriented, and a team player with a positive attitude. Maintain a high level of patient confidentiality.
- High school or equivalent
- Medical Scribing: 1 year
Job Type: Part-time
High school or equivalent (Required)